Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 There are 2 isues in win8 chinese version

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cqj007 Posted - Sep 05 2013 : 11:16:00 PM
1. when i add chinese (us keyboard) in input method and enabled Visual Assist, I can not use Sogou Input Mehod to input Chinese, it will auto change to '?';

2.when i add chinese (us keyboard) in input method and enabled Visual Assist, I Can Use delete Key, BackSpace Key to delete word with
Bing Input Method!

some times after install you need reboot to test

Just To Test It, Thanks

this are input method setting( for isue 1)

17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 20 2015 : 4:04:05 PM
case=77554 is fixed in build 2083
feline Posted - Oct 10 2013 : 11:20:15 PM
I have the registry settings, thank you for these. I have been able to make some progress, I am now seeing the problem where instead of Chinese characters you only get ? characters:

case=77554

But so far I still cannot reproduce the backspace or delete problem. Is there some step I am missing? Does this only happen under some conditions?
feline Posted - Oct 07 2013 : 12:00:03 PM
I still cannot reproduce any problems here. I now have just one keyboard language listed:

and this gives me two options in the language bar, this:

and this:

I have tried typing and deleting Chinese text with both options, and still no sign of any problems.

The keyboard registry settings would be helpful, please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up. Hopefully these will help me reproduce the problem.
cqj007 Posted - Oct 07 2013 : 07:47:30 AM
i can upload registry setting of inputmethod if you need!!!

cqj007 Posted - Oct 07 2013 : 02:46:39 AM

feline Posted - Sep 17 2013 : 10:31:39 PM
Thank you for the new screen shots. This is how my system is setup:

which looks similar to your system, hopefully close enough.

I have loaded VS2010, and selected this keyboard from the language bar:

When I type, this is what I am seeing:

accepting this with Space enters the Chinese characters correctly:

typing more also works correctly:

Am I using the correct keyboard?

What do you have to type to get the "?" instead of Chinese characters?
cqj007 Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 01:26:20 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

quote:
Originally posted by cqj007
Please Look My Pic what i post!

I Add "Chinese (US Keyboard)" In to chinese language! not add a Enginelish(UK) Language!!!

I am looking at your pictures, but I cannot read them. Your pictures show a lot of Chinese writing, and I do not understand Chinese.

I have an English install of Windows 8, which I am testing under. I have installed the Chinese language pack, but this did not help, and makes it nearly impossible to do anything else, since it converts Windows into Chinese, so I no longer know what anything says

I am doing my best here, but you are going to have to help me understand how to reproduce this problem.

Can U Understand my means?

cqj007 Posted - Sep 14 2013 : 12:11:19 AM
OK I Will Intasll A English System And Update the picture
feline Posted - Sep 11 2013 : 2:26:22 PM
quote:
Originally posted by cqj007

I Add "Chinese (US Keyboard)" In to chinese language! not add a Enginelish(UK) Language!!!

I am looking at your pictures, but I cannot read them. Your pictures show a lot of Chinese writing, and I do not understand Chinese.

I have an English install of Windows 8, which I am testing under. I have installed the Chinese language pack, but this did not help, and makes it nearly impossible to do anything else, since it converts Windows into Chinese, so I no longer know what anything says

I am doing my best here, but you are going to have to help me understand how to reproduce this problem.
feline Posted - Sep 11 2013 : 2:22:53 PM
Many thanks for this, I did spot the links in the first post, but I had no idea why they were there, or what they meant. I am hopefully now testing the right thing.

I started with a clean install of Windows 8 Professional, and installed the Chinese -> Chinese (Simplified, China) keyboard.

Then I installed the program from the first link "sogou_pinyin_67d.exe", and tried to accept the default settings all the way through. The entire installer is in Chinese, so I was guessing a bit. After installing it wanted to download something, version 1.2 I think, which I told it to do. Then I opened VS2010 and selected this keyboard from the language bar:

When I type in VS2010, I am seeing this:

which I have not seen before, so the new program I installed is being used. As you can see, Chinese characters are being entered quite happily.

After rebooting typing in Chinese, and deleting the Chinese characters with both backspace and delete all works perfectly, with VA 1949 installed.

I then installed the second program, "BingPinyinSetup_1.1.169.02.exe", again just accepting the defaults.

With this installed, I loaded VS2010 and selected this language from the language bar:

When I type in VS2010 I am now seeing this:

Again, even after a reboot, no sign of any problems typing or deleting Chinese characters.

Both of these programs seem to have options, but since they are all in Chinese I have not tried to change any of the options.

What else do I need to do to reproduce this problem?
cqj007 Posted - Sep 11 2013 : 11:16:39 AM
quote:

I still cannot reproduce this problem. I have installed the "Chinese (Simplified, China)" language pack, and made this the primary language:

I don't speak Chinese, so I don't know if I am doing this right or not, but my screen looks similar to your picture.

I have already tried all of the Chinese keyboards Windows 8 offers me, and none of them reproduce the problem.

The language bar is offering me two different keyboards. When I type with this keyboard:

I am seeing Chinese characters suggested, and then entered:

When I type with the second keyboard:

I always get English characters entered, no matter what I do. I cannot see any way to make this keyboard enter Chinese characters.

Still no sign of the problem. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? What is the missing step?

Are you able to reproduce this with the Windows on screen keyboard? This might allow me to reproduce the problem, if I knew what to do.

cqj007 Posted - Sep 11 2013 : 11:13:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by alextooter

He is talking about other Chinese input methods, provide by sogou.com and Microsoft , but not come with Windows 8.

here is download link :
http://pinyin.sogou.com/softdown.php?v=6.7&type=c&ref=indexbanner
http://download.get.live.cn/components/pinyin/BingPinyinSetup_1.1.169.02.exe

Thanks

Where are u from?
alextooter Posted - Sep 10 2013 : 12:39:02 AM
He is talking about other Chinese input methods, provide by sogou.com and Microsoft , but not come with Windows 8.

here is download link :
http://pinyin.sogou.com/softdown.php?v=6.7&type=c&ref=indexbanner
http://download.get.live.cn/components/pinyin/BingPinyinSetup_1.1.169.02.exe
feline Posted - Sep 09 2013 : 8:59:38 PM
I still cannot reproduce this problem. I have installed the "Chinese (Simplified, China)" language pack, and made this the primary language:

I don't speak Chinese, so I don't know if I am doing this right or not, but my screen looks similar to your picture.

I have already tried all of the Chinese keyboards Windows 8 offers me, and none of them reproduce the problem.

The language bar is offering me two different keyboards. When I type with this keyboard:

I am seeing Chinese characters suggested, and then entered:

When I type with the second keyboard:

I always get English characters entered, no matter what I do. I cannot see any way to make this keyboard enter Chinese characters.

Still no sign of the problem. Can you please tell me what I am doing wrong? What is the missing step?

Are you able to reproduce this with the Windows on screen keyboard? This might allow me to reproduce the problem, if I knew what to do.
cqj007 Posted - Sep 07 2013 : 03:43:37 AM
quote:

testing in VS2010 with VA 1949. There is more than one way to set the keyboard to Chinese. I have tried the following tests:...

please read my topic, i upload 2 image to explain how can test it!!!!
cqj007 Posted - Sep 07 2013 : 03:38:27 AM
quote:

testing in VS2010 with VA 1949. There is more than one way to set the keyboard to Chinese. I have tried the following tests:...

please read my topic, i upload 2 image to explain how can test it!!!!
feline Posted - Sep 06 2013 : 7:42:32 PM
testing in VS2010 with VA 1949. There is more than one way to set the keyboard to Chinese. I have tried the following tests:

Chinese (Simplified) -> Chinese (Simplified, China)
When selected from the language bar this says "Chinese (Simplified, China) Microsoft Pinyin SimpleFast)"
Typing on an English UK keyboard enters Chinese characters. I can also delete words.

I rebooted, and typing and deleting still works.

In the control panel settings for this keyboard there is only this single input method listed.

Chinese (Simplified, Singapore) -> Chinese (Simplified, China)
When selected from the language bar this says "Chinese (Simplified, Singapo... Microsoft Pinyin SimpleFast"
Typing on an English UK keyboard enters Chinese characters.

In the control panel settings for this keyboard there is only this single input method listed.

Chinese (Traditional) -> Chinese (Traditional, Hong Kong SAR)
I selected the input method "Microsoft Quick". There are other methods, but none of them are called "Sogou" or "Bing"
When selected from the language bar this says "Chinese (Traditional, Hong K... Microsoft Quick"

Chinese (Traditional) -> Chinese (Traditional, Macao SAR)
I selected the input method "Microsoft Quick". There are other methods, but none of them are called "Sogou" or "Bing"
When selected from the language bar this says "Chinese (Traditional, Macao... Microsoft Quick"

Chinese (Traditional) -> Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)
I selected the input method "Microsoft New Phonetic". There are other methods, but none of them are called "Sogou" or "Bing"
When selected from the language bar this says "Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Microsoft new Phonetic"
Typing on an English UK keyboard does something odd. I am getting what look like parts of characters, but no '?' characters. I have no idea how to correctly type using this keyboard and entry method, but I am not seeing an obvious problem.

I cannot test deleting Chinese words, since I cannot actually work out how to enter any Chinese characters.

A reboot has not changed anything. Still no sign of '?' characters, but I still cannot enter Chinese characters either.

I have now worked through every Chinese keyboard listed in Windows 8, and cannot find the input methods you mention, and I cannot reproduce the problems. Can you please explain in more detail how to reproduce these problems?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000