Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Visual Studio 2010 - mistyped symbols everywhere

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ctote Posted - Jun 12 2013 : 1:43:22 PM
I just installed vs2010, and installed the latest VA build. When browsing through my project, I noticed red lines everywhere - for some reason, VA thinks 50% of my code contains mistyped symbols.

Can anyone help? This wasn't an issue in Visual Studio 2005 or 2008.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 1:55:26 PM
Very strange. You could try closing VS2010 and then deleting the .SDF file in the root directory of your solution. This is the file the IDE stores its intellisense database in, and deleting it will force the IDE to rebuild the database. If this is caused by some form of corruption in the database this might fix the problem.
ctote Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 1:04:08 PM
Yeah I'm not sure what's going on. It's very basic errors, which aren't errors at all:

• Error: Identifier "Initialize" is undefined
  • Error: name followed by "::" but be a class or namespace
  • Error: a type qualifier is not allowed on a non member function

None of these are valid - I can ctrl+g with VA, and navigate to their implementations fine.
feline Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 12:58:08 PM
If this works, then the underlining is coming from the IDE. If so, I would suggest turning the IDE underling back on, and then hovering the mouse over one of the underlined symbols. You should get a tooltip telling you why the IDE has underlined the symbol, which will hopefully help to explain what is going on here.
ctote Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 12:32:51 PM
Thanks for the reply. I'll give this a shot - however, I experience no errors when I'm building.
feline Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 11:41:07 AM
Can you try setting the two IDE options:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Error Reporting = True
IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Squiggles = True

this should stop these underlines from appearing. You probably only need to turn one of these off, depending on what is triggering these underlines. Since the IDE is inserting these underlines, you will probably get matching errors when you try to compile, which should help to explain why you have these underlines.
ctote Posted - Jun 14 2013 : 08:26:08 AM
Thanks for the reply - turning this off did not make the lines go away. Any other ideas?
feline Posted - Jun 12 2013 : 2:19:58 PM
Can you please try turning off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Underlines -> Underline mistyped symbols using

and see what effect, if any, this has? VA does not underline mistyped symbols in C++ in VS2010, since the IDE does this automatically, so this should not have any effect on what you are seeing. But since you don't have this problem in the earlier IDE's, I am not sure why you have so much underlining in VS2010.

Does your solution compile, or are you getting errors that match up with the underlining?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000