Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Finer granularity for "Surround selection"

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sneftel Posted - Apr 03 2013 : 06:37:28 AM
Any chance of getting to turn the "Surround selection on / * ( { and #" option on/off per surround-type? I love the pants off automatic () and {}, but I never intentionally use the others, and often unintentionally activate them, such as when I highlight, say, "foo", and start typing in "*bar" to replace it.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sneftel Posted - Jun 06 2013 : 10:07:24 AM
Awesome. Thanks!
support Posted - Jun 03 2013 : 1:51:35 PM
case=73487 is implemented in build 1940 and is controlled via the following registry setting:

HKCU \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \\ Visual Assist X \\ VANet10 \\ SurroundSelectionCharList

Replace "VANet10" with "VANet11" for Visual Studio 2012
Replace "VANet10" with "VANet9" for Visual Studio 2008
Replace "VANet10" with "VANet8" for Visual Studio 2005
Replace "VANet10" with "VANet" for Visual Studio 2003
Replace "VANet10" with "VA6" for Visual C++ 6

The default characters are '/*{#( . If you delete the registry value, it will be recreated with these characters the next time Visual Studio is cycled. Removing a character from the list suppresses Surround With for that character. Adding non-default characters to the list has no effect.
feline Posted - Apr 07 2013 : 3:30:32 PM
I have put a feature request in for this, to see what our developers make of this:

case=73487

We try to limit the number of options in VA, but you do have a good point here.

For now, since you are not using / and *, have you considered turning off surround selection in VA's options dialog and instead using a couple of basic VA Snippets to surround with {} and () ? The snippet bodies:

( $selected$ )

{
    $selected$
}

should do what you want, and you can bind a keyboard shortcut to the command VAssistX.VaSnippetInsert to make it quick and easy to trigger and access these shortcuts.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000