Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Open File in Solution: Case-Sensitiveness

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
supersbo Posted - May 10 2013 : 4:48:06 PM
Hello,

I just got the latest Visual Assist version (1936) and was wondering why my "Open File In Solution" was not working half of the time. Then I read the release notes.... Could you make the case-sensitive feature optional please? This slows me down considerably since our project does not have a clean guideline about the usage of upper cases letters.

Thanks for the great product. I've been using it for almost 15 years now!

Cheers,

Sylvain
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 03 2013 : 1:58:12 PM
case=74214 is fixed in build 1940

Use the context menu of the results list to control case sensitivity.
feline Posted - May 18 2013 : 4:23:42 PM
The file system is case insensitive, but a lot of people deliberately use upper case letters in their file names to add meaning, so to them this is a feature. Since this is causing problems, an option has been added internally to turn off this feature, and should be present in the next release of VA. Apologies for the inconvenience this is causing you in the mean time.
Adequat Posted - May 18 2013 : 1:05:17 PM
I don't want to be coarse, but this has no sense of being case sensitive for the "Open File in Solution" since the file system of Windows is case insensitive. I consider this as a bug/regression. I hope you will correct this.
sean Posted - May 10 2013 : 11:06:17 PM
case=74214
supersbo Posted - May 10 2013 : 7:34:28 PM
Unfortunately typing with capitalized letters is more a reflex than a conscious act. I would really perfer not having to think about that when typing. I guess I'll stick to the previous version until an option is added.

Sylvain
accord Posted - May 10 2013 : 5:16:24 PM
quote:
our project does not have a clean guideline about the usage of uppercase letters

If you don't care about case sensitivity, you can just type lowercase letters and Visual Assist will use case insensitive search.
Does this sound like a solution for you?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000