Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 How do I get a tooltip that doesn't repeat twice?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Mordachai Posted - Mar 06 2013 : 11:29:36 AM
As you can see below, I get my class comments twice. If I disable VAX, then I get the nicer version only (what I want).

I cannot find an option in VAX that seems to disable this unnecessary (and distracting) repetition of the comments.

Help!

BTW, your forum can't handle an image file name with spaces in it. I get a broken image link unless the file name has no spaces :(
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mordachai Posted - Apr 25 2013 : 3:14:07 PM
Woot!
support Posted - Apr 25 2013 : 2:33:56 PM
case=73217 is fixed in build 1936
Mordachai Posted - Mar 22 2013 : 3:58:43 PM
Ah! Thanks for investigating this. I tend to put the comments primarily in the headers... occasionally in the .cpp files.

It would be great to have this working properly - or at least a clear set of rules to use.
accord Posted - Mar 22 2013 : 1:29:39 PM
I was able to reproduce the problem:

case=73217

VA seems to always display the comments from header files. The disable only works when the comment is placed in the cpp file, it seems.
Mordachai Posted - Mar 21 2013 : 09:23:21 AM
I'm getting this behavior both for our project (MFC Toolbox Library) and for MFC source files as well (i.e. they are part of MFC's standard library).
feline Posted - Mar 08 2013 : 12:16:05 PM
I assume this is an internal project, not a standard 3rd party library, since I am not finding any results for it on a google.

If this tooltip problem is specific to this library then this suggests there is something about how the code is written that is triggering this. If you do an alt-g on this function, is there a comment on the declaration and the implementation? Or just one of them?
Mordachai Posted - Mar 07 2013 : 9:38:55 PM
It's from one of the projects in the current solution (it is in "MFC Toolbox Library" which is included in a number of large solutions)

I keep the italics off - I don't like the way they look.

This is with VS2012SP1, and the current stable release of VAX
feline Posted - Mar 07 2013 : 8:26:35 PM
That's unexpected. Are you seeing this problem on all types, or only types declared in your project?

Is this problem type "CLockOutNotifyMessages" from a stable include directory? Its not shown in italic, but you may not have turned on stable symbols in italic.
Mordachai Posted - Mar 07 2013 : 11:46:34 AM
Both of those are already turned off, and were before I reported this issue.

I tried turning one and both on, and the settings appear to change in the preferences dialog (i.e. they're saved & shown as I specify them), but no effect can be seen from toggling either one or both.
feline Posted - Mar 06 2013 : 3:26:32 PM
Can you try turning off the option:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Display comments from source files when available

does this make any difference? I would expect this to fix the problem.

You might also want to try turning off:

VA Options -> Advanced -> Display -> Enable automatic Quick Info ToolTips

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000