Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Rename refactoring optimization

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Dunemaster Posted - Apr 11 2013 : 01:50:47 AM
On large C++ projects the "Rename method" refactoring takes minutes sometimes, as it searches through the solution to identify method usage.

I would suggest an optimization for private methods. There is not need to search through the whole solution, only methods of the same class should be examined.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Apr 11 2013 : 12:18:43 PM
Friend classes can complicate things, so we would still need to find those because we don't know which file contains the friends.
Are you aware that you can stop the search any time, without closing the window or loosing the references? So if you are confident that there will no be more references, you can hit the "Stop" button, since when you start a rename or find references from a header, VA will then continue finding references from the corresponding file (the cpp this time), which usually contains the implemented methods of the class (thus the other references as well), so you can nearly immediately stop the search.

Does this makes sense?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000