Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 How to disable coloring for Find Results?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kennyl Posted - Oct 28 2012 : 10:16:15 PM
Here Find Results I am referring to the built in Find Results when you use Find in Files.

Whenever I check the Views checkbox under Apply coloring to branch, not only coloring is applied to VA Outline/VA views/etc, but it is also applied to Find Results, and I cannot find a way to separately control these.

It would be better if VA provided a way to disable coloring for Find Results without touching VA outline/VA views/etc.

Regards,
Kenny
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:40:23 PM
case=70280 is implemented in build 1925 via the following registry setting:

HKCU \\ Software \\ Whole Tomato \\ Visual Assist X \\ VANet10 \\ EnhColorFindResults

Set this binary value to 0 to prevent coloring the IDE Find Results window

Replace "VANet10" with "VANet11" for Visual Studio 2012
feline Posted - Oct 30 2012 : 4:14:33 PM
This makes sense, thank you for the explanation. I was not actually aware you could change the background colour of just the Find Results window like that until I went looking for the setting. I have put in a feature request for this:

case=70280
kennyl Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 10:09:12 PM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

Out of interest is there a reason you want to turn off this colouring in this window, but to leave it in other tool windows?

Because I use dark gray as the background color for the Find Results window, the coloring is terrible, although the other VA views works perfectly fine.
feline Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 9:26:51 PM
Out of interest is there a reason you want to turn off this colouring in this window, but to leave it in other tool windows?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000