Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Richg-click menu in VA outline

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 05:44:55 AM
Damn, I like this VA outline :D

However, sometimes I want to quick-check functions and simply click in this list to see the code. Now, if I want to toggle between the header/implementation files I have to switch to the code window and press Alt+O.

Why not add the Alt+O functionality in the right-click menu of the VA outline window? "Toggle between header and implementation"...?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:30:45 PM
case=9918 is implemented in build 1925. Key bindings must have global scope (not text editor scope).
sean Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 12:09:36 PM
Until addressed, do this:
ESC, Alt+O
feline Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 08:35:21 AM
I am not sure this belongs in the right click menu, but the keyboard shortcut is reasonable.

You should simply be able to tell the IDE that Alt-O is a global shortcut, rather than being limited to just the text editor. I have just tried this on VS2005, and while Alt-O now works from within Find References Results it does not work within VA Outline, so that's a bug:

case=9918
znakeeye Posted - Nov 14 2007 : 05:46:20 AM
Also, Alt+O should work when the VA outline window has focus :)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000