Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Forward declarations are incomplete

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jschroedl Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 07:56:28 AM

Is there any way that the Forward Declarations item in VA Outline could include declarations from an adjoining namespace?

Ex:

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Feb 25 2013 : 12:41:54 PM
case=71279 is fixed in build 1929
feline Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 6:02:03 PM
The triangles on the forward declarations, this only happens on VS2012, so I have put a bug report in for this:

case=71279

and I have put in a feature request to group the forward declarations inside a namespace:

case=71280
jschroedl Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:48:38 AM
I think that's the dilemma. Those lines are both Forward Declarations and part of a namespace. I would be fine if {} baz had a subnode named "Forward declarations" too.

My confusion started when I clicked the triangle on the forward declarations nothing showed up (compare fred's appearance to foo's -- why the triangles when there's nothing there?)
feline Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:24:29 AM
But these two forward declarations are also part of a namespace, which is why they have been grouped in the namespace node. If we did not show the namespace node then we would not be accurately showing you the outline of the file, and you would not be able to perform operations on the namespace.
jschroedl Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 10:25:22 AM
I'm asking for baz::fred and baz::ManagedFred to be included in the Forward Declarations node in the tree since that's what they are.

feline Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 10:12:53 AM
I don't understand what you are asking for / about. VA Outline is designed to show you an overview of the current file, which is exactly what your screen shot shows.

If you want to see the details of some type, for example one of the classes you are referencing, have you looked at the Hovering Class Browser, the bottom portion of VA View:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/hcb.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000