Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Batch actions on multiple functions

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kennyl Posted - Sep 03 2012 : 10:46:36 PM
In VA outline, you can select one function, then the context menu allows you to do various refactoring job like "Create Implementation", etc.

However, if you select multiple functions, those commands are disabled, and this is too sad.

I have a class with many member functions (over 100, yes this is a monster class!) written in header file, now for some reason I need to move them to the CPP file, I have to do this one by one!

If I add a few declarations of member functions for one class, and now I want to add the implementations, then again, I have to do this one by one!

If only those refactor commands can be merged for multiple symbols, it could really help in this case!

Thanks,
Kenny
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 10:40:20 AM
case=68102 is implemented in build 1918
sean Posted - Sep 05 2012 : 12:34:23 AM
Not yet. case=68102
kennyl Posted - Sep 04 2012 : 10:17:59 PM
quote:
Originally posted by accord

We have a new feature in the very latest build (1912). If you right click or use the refactoring context menu on the class name (rather than the method name) and use Create Implementation, you will get a brand new dialog with checkboxes, where you can select the methods you want to create implementation for.

That sounds great! But what about move implementation to source file? Can that be done for multiple methods at the same time?
accord Posted - Sep 04 2012 : 09:58:06 AM
We have a new feature in the very latest build (1912). If you right click or use the refactoring context menu on the class name (rather than the method name) and use Create Implementation, you will get a brand new dialog with checkboxes, where you can select the methods you want to create implementation for.

Hope this helps.

In a way, this is more useful, since you get the selection by default, and only the method names of the class so you don't have to fiddle with a much longer list of the VA Outline, containing various type of symbols.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000