Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Clicking on drop list not working in VS2010

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AdyR Posted - Oct 02 2012 : 06:17:14 AM
Hi,
Since I have updated to version 10.7.1916.0 I can no longer mouse click on a VA drop list to select and item or option in VS2010.
I can scroll the list with the mouse and scroll bar.
If I click on a list entry the list closes but the item is not inserted into the code.
If I click on a filter icon at the bottom of the list the list just closes.
I can still select by using the cursor keys to highlight an item and the hit enter or tab to insert it.

VS2008 still seems to work fine.
Running on Windows 7 64bit.

Regards,
Adrian
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
AdyR Posted - Oct 03 2012 : 02:07:26 AM
quote:
Originally posted by holedigger

Do you have Spaghetti installed? We have a known issue of Spaghetti interfering with clicks in the listbox (case=68256). If this is the case, try uninstalling and reinstalling Spaghetti.

It was indeed Spaghetti causing the problem. I have uninstalled it and VA is now working fine again.
Thank you for your help.
holedigger Posted - Oct 02 2012 : 1:07:30 PM
Do you have Spaghetti installed? We have a known issue of Spaghetti interfering with clicks in the listbox (case=68256). If this is the case, try uninstalling and reinstalling Spaghetti.
feline Posted - Oct 02 2012 : 12:26:00 PM
Did this used to work in VS2010 in the last version of VA you were using? If so, do you have any idea which version that was?

This is working correctly for me, and I don't recall anyone else reporting this, so its not a global problem, which is something. Now we just need to find out why this is happening to you.

Do you use any programs that might alter how your mouse works? E.g. software to support extra mouse buttons? Software to change how the mouse pointers look?

Do you have any other extensions installed in VS2010?

Can you try a quick test for me please, type in something like:

std::string strTestingListboxes;
strTe|     // at this point you should have a short listbox, a suggestion listbox
strTestingListboxes.|      // at this point you should have a member listbox

Assuming you get the two different sized listboxes, does the mouse work correctly with either listbox? I suspect both listboxes will behave the same, but its good to find out, and not assume.

For me, single clicking into either listbox selects the item I click on, and leaves the listbox visible. If I double click into the listbox then the listbox is closed and the item I double clicked on is inserted.

If you use Alt-m to show the list of methods in the file and click into this list with the mouse what happens? For me a single click closes this list and jumps to the function I clicked on.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000