Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Crash with other Tool

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
andre.horst Posted - Jul 30 2012 : 02:57:15 AM
If I want to activate another Tool in VS, VSinstantly crashes and I can see VAX in the callstack. I will send a dump to you.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 09 2012 : 9:51:08 PM
Thank you for the update, it is good to know that this problem is not being caused by VA, but it still leaves you needing to try to find and fix the problem. Are you able to add logging to your addin, to see if this offers any clues? It might also be worth uninstalling / disabling any other addins you have installed, to see if there could be a conflict with one of them.
andre.horst Posted - Aug 09 2012 : 02:36:04 AM
I could reproduce the problem without VAX, so it must be random that VAX occured in the call stack. Sorry for the circumstances.
andre.horst Posted - Aug 08 2012 : 03:37:25 AM
I sent the logs, but only startup and va log were created. The crash happens after triggering a special action in the tool that might access the IDE. Maybe it interferes with VAX at this moment.
feline Posted - Jul 31 2012 : 1:40:05 PM
Can you please turn on VA logging, and the reproduce this problem, and then send us the log files, this might offer some clues. Please see this FAQ for details of turning on VA's logging, and sending us the log files

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W305

Are you able to place any logging into your tool, to see if the crash might be related to something it is doing during startup? Since the crash happens immediately, I am wondering if your tool is able to finish starting up and attaching to the IDE or not. Any clues as to why this crash is happening would be helpful, since the mini dump is not getting us very far, unfortunately.
andre.horst Posted - Jul 31 2012 : 02:53:43 AM
I see it only with a special Tool from our company, so you cannot install it. Maybe it performs some action that interfers with VAX. Maybe the problem is in out tool, but i saw VAX in the call stack.
andre.horst Posted - Jul 31 2012 : 02:52:11 AM
VA_X.dll file version 10.7.1908.0 built 2012.05.31
Licensed to:
VA X: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.4108
Font: Consolas 13(Pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7601.17514
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1
8 processors (x86-64;
WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x407

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\include;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;
C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\include;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfc;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\mfcm;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\atlmfc\\src\\atl;
C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\\VC\\crt\\src;

feline Posted - Jul 30 2012 : 1:08:54 PM
Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup.

Does this only happen with a specific tool, or does it happen with several different tools? Which tool, or tools are you seeing this problem with? I will try installing the same tool here, and see if I can reproduce the problem.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000