Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Generated source files in Debug folder

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rryk Posted - Mar 21 2012 : 12:58:02 PM
Hi,

My solution generates some source and header files, which are placed into Debug folder and get compiled later (header files are included into source files in the solution). Is there a way to add these files into Open File in Solution dialog? If not, I would suggest to add such a feature - rather than navigating through folders in Explorer it would be much more convenient to search such files by name.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Apr 19 2012 : 12:34:32 PM
Consider adding the generated files to the projects that you access them from (change the build rules for the added source files so that they are not compiled with the rest of the project if necessary).
rryk Posted - Apr 19 2012 : 03:41:02 AM
Thanks. That helped. It's not obvious that this change also adds files into Open File in Solution dialog.
accord Posted - Mar 21 2012 : 9:20:56 PM
Just tick the following checkbox:

VA Options -> Projects -> File handling -> if solution is not empty

When you next open any files from your debug folder, VA will parse all other source file in that folder. The tooltip for this checkbox will elaborate the process a little bit.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000