Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 [VS11] Syntax coloring issues

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kufa Posted - Apr 11 2012 : 3:06:35 PM
Hello,

I'm using VAX 10.7.1903.0 built 2012.04.03, and have the following issues on VS11 (while everything works fine with my VS2010 installation):
- Coloring is not affecting the text editors when switching to the dark theme. The tooltips, VA Navigation bar, etc work fine
- Automatically highlight references doesn't work

Regards,

/d
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Jun 01 2012 : 8:54:13 PM
case=64155 is fixed in build 1908
feline Posted - Apr 23 2012 : 1:59:07 PM
Thank you for the update on 'Disable Reference Highlighting', it is good to know changing this setting helped, and what you had to do to make this change.
kufa Posted - Apr 23 2012 : 04:35:05 AM
Hi Felin and Sean,

I tried changing the 'Disable Reference Highlighting' setting, it indeed make the 'Automatically highlight references to symbol under cursor' to work. That said, I have the 'Disable Database' setting set to True, so the 'Disable Reference Highlighting' option is greyed out. (i.e. I had to temporarily set 'Disable Database' to False to be able to change it).

Looking forward for a proper fix on the color scheme! Will do some tests as soon as I can!

Regards,

/d
sean Posted - Apr 16 2012 : 11:36:55 AM
We are still working on getting editor colors working properly in the dark theme. Some colors start to work if you set the Foreground and Background settings for the Identifier item to be Automatic.
feline Posted - Apr 13 2012 : 7:11:17 PM
I am seeing problems getting VA colours to work correctly in the editor with the dark theme as well, this is a known problem:

case=64155

Have you tried setting the IDE theme to Light, and then changing the editor colours, to set the background colour for Text to black, or a dark colour, and then adjusting your VA colours to match? This is working for me here. Its not the same as the dark theme, but this should help a bit.
feline Posted - Apr 13 2012 : 5:56:05 PM
For automatically highlighting references, please try setting:

IDE tools menu -> Options -> Text Editor -> C/C++ -> Advanced -> Disable Reference Highlighting = True

this should stop the IDE highlighting the symbol under the caret, allowing VA's highlighting to show.
kufa Posted - Apr 12 2012 : 09:33:56 AM
Hey hey,

I didn't manage to get VAx colors to work fine when switching to the dark theme, even after importing font/colors settings for a dark theme.
Automatically highlight references doesn't work in both light and dark theme.

/d
accord Posted - Apr 11 2012 : 8:10:01 PM
You may find this helpful:
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10640

Does it help?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000