Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Improve on VA navigation to overload-operator

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 09 2012 : 03:11:22 AM
Curve_Relation operator&(const gePoint2d& pt,const geCurve2d&curve)

Everytime I hang on "operator&",Alt+G,appear:

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 10:05:03 PM
Got it! Thanks for your quick reply!
feline Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 3:16:39 PM
Alt-g between the declaration and implementation of this function showing a menu is a bug, I have put in a bug report for this:

case=66031

since the types are clear, VA should know where to go.

More generally, working out which overload of an overloaded function to go to is a hard problem, since variables can be cast / converted by the compiler, so the types of the parameters in the call don't have to directly match the types of the function you are calling. This is before you have to start considering default parameters.

For accepting the 4th or 5th item in a listbox, the numbers in the Alt-G menu make sense, since there is no typing going on while the Alt-G menu is on the screen. The feature request in thread 10441 for accepting a specific listbox item is still on our list of items to consider doing, but has not yet been done.
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 07:13:14 AM
BTW,About the Quick_pick item form the Intellisense list!
See the thread posted before.
http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10441
I think the Alt-G_list is a good example to refer to.

Most times,The user can refine Intellisense list to 3-6 items.
But Have to press--?++ & Enter to finally get it. If I can Press 1#--6# num in the right side just like the gif above.
It will do much contribution to speed up the coding-work.
Think about,I always have seen the item I need in the 5-6 listbox but have to press--?++ few times to select it and Enter! It's boring and waste of time.
jzq740176597 Posted - Apr 10 2012 : 07:01:16 AM
I used alt-g on the function declaration.
quote:
In either case, part of the problem is that VA does not know which overload you are using, which is something we are aware of, and that we are working to improve.

why not analyse and Get parameter-info to ensure which overload I'm using or at least as the first candidate in the list.
Now,The huge items listed appear but my overload version doesn't exsit.
In either case,Alt +G on function declaration / definition, or on a function call,The paramter/argument info is very important.I think the VA shuold utilize that info to find a good solution to match the overload version the user operate on.
feline Posted - Apr 09 2012 : 10:15:34 PM
Are you using alt-g on the function declaration / definition, or on a function call?

In either case, part of the problem is that VA does not know which overload you are using, which is something we are aware of, and that we are working to improve.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000