Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 More control over extract method

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nagates Posted - Feb 29 2012 : 11:48:50 AM
would it be possible to have more control over the extract method dialog, such as be able to pass stuff as const &(ref), and be able to add and or remove parameters, and dump the function into the same working file?
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 29 2012 : 8:42:43 PM
Extract Method is designed to work out the number and type of parameters required by the new method, and will pass these automatically. Any extra parameters will not actually be used by the new method initially, so the Extract Method dialog seems a slightly odd time to add them. You can always add and change parameters afterwards via Change Signature.

If you remove parameters then the extracted function will be invalid, so why do you want to do this in the extract method dialog?

Which file is the function appearing in, if it is not appearing in the same working file? This is what the "Extract to Source" check box at the bottom of the Extract Method dialog is for, to specify if you want the extracted code in the cpp or .h file.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000