Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Suggestions for Implement Interfaces

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kennyl Posted - Feb 23 2011 : 04:40:40 AM
1. Single Double click navigation (also it'd be better if VA can display the comments for the method under the cursor by a tooltip).

2. Multiple selection support, and make the checkboxes toggle base on the selection would be also awesome.

3. It'd be nice if VA provide a filter edit control on the dialog, the function of it should be the same as the Find Symbol tool.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Sep 19 2014 : 12:32:08 AM
case=55667 is implemented in build 2047
feline Posted - Mar 01 2011 : 3:46:21 PM
Thank you for this, I understand what you mean now. I have put in a feature request for multiple selection inside the dialog:

case=55663

Given the number of functions in the dialog, I can see why some form of filtering makes sense. I have put in a feature request for this to:

case=55667
kennyl Posted - Feb 27 2011 : 11:47:02 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline

I don't understand what you mean by multiple selection. The dialog box shows you check boxes, so you can check several check boxes, allowing you to select multiple items to be implemented. The dialog box does not limit you to only implementing one function at a time.

When working on a base class with many virtual functions (not pure virtual), sometimes only a few of them (say 20 of them) are needed to be implemented for a specific derived class, for now I have to find them manually, scrolling all the time from the huge list and finally check them one by one.

See: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tree/Multi_select_tree_control.aspx

Basically the point is you can select multiple items from the list control by rectangular selection and Ctrl+Click at the checkbox of any one of the selected items to toggle all the selected items' status.

feline Posted - Feb 26 2011 : 12:15:27 PM
I don't understand what you mean by multiple selection. The dialog box shows you check boxes, so you can check several check boxes, allowing you to select multiple items to be implemented. The dialog box does not limit you to only implementing one function at a time.
kennyl Posted - Feb 25 2011 : 9:00:33 PM
Point 1: Sorry, "single click" navigation is not what I meant to say, I actually want to say "double click" navigation, which means when you double click on a function VA will locate to the source file.

Point 2: I'm working on a really old project and it has a lot of virtual functions(I don't know exactly how many of them since I'm not at the company today, I guess 100+ at least or even more) in a base class, and unfortunately we are not going to drop this existing design for now, so it'd be really nice if VA support multiple selection.

Point 3: Yep, see point 2.
accord Posted - Feb 24 2011 : 8:36:52 PM
Point 1: Single click currently ticks / unticks the checkboxes which I like: you can tick / untick the necessary member functions quickly. Showing tooltips is a good idea, I have put in a feature request for this:

case=55532

Point 2: I would think that selecting a few function with a single click is not time consuming. Also, pure virtuals are selected by default which further improves the situation. Do you have a very lot of functions to tick? Are you aware that you can tick all member by ticking the checkbox of the class?

Point 3: Again, how many functions are we talking about? Just wondering why you need this.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000