Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 improve Goto Implementation with templates

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Luke1410 Posted - Apr 08 2010 : 7:10:02 PM
Using the following code example:
template<class T> class Foo
{
	void Test();
};

template<class T> Foo<T>::Test()
{
}

When moving the cursor to the line "template<class T> Foo<T>::Test()" and pressing ALT+G the cursor correctly moves to "void Test();" in the class definition.

However, when moving the cursor over the line "void Test();" and pressing ALT+G the cursor stays where it is, while I'd suspect it'd be moved to the method implementation line (aka: "template<class T> Foo<T>::Test()").

This type of separating the method definitions from method declarations when working with templates is especially useful when working with larger template classes (and in our production code is used for a couple of classes). It'd be nice, if VAX' ALT+G-functionality would be improved to also support that kind of code layout.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 10:56:53 AM
case=42266 is fixed in build 1918
StefanEgo Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 03:56:05 AM
tested and confirmed fixed in 1918 ;-) Thx.
feline Posted - Apr 12 2010 : 1:51:39 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=42266

Both Find References and the Alt-M list list both the implementation and declaration of this function, so this might help you to find the declaration for now. I know it is not the same, but it might help a bit.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000