Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 OFIW vs OFIP

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
znakeeye Posted - Mar 17 2010 : 07:36:42 AM
We have a huge solution with nearly 100 projects. The OFIW dialog soon becomes less useful due to the number of hits.

The OFIW is great, but often I'm only interested in files in the current project (I'd say 90% of the time). I think there should be a checkbox in the OFIW dialog that would make it an OFIP (Open File in Project) dialog. When checked, only files from the currently selected project would be displayed.

EDIT: Something like this

4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 13 2018 : 3:06:03 PM
case=25837 is implemented in build 2283.

Use the context menu in the Open File in Solution dialog to display the edit control for the persistent filter. Hide the edit control after adding the text that you want to always persist. The text affects filtering whether or not the control is visible.
sean Posted - Mar 31 2010 : 8:50:35 PM
#1 does seem to be a popular option ( http://forum.wholetomato.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9456 ). case=25837
znakeeye Posted - Mar 19 2010 : 07:17:53 AM
Three possible solutions. I would vote for #1.

1) Provide an edit control with a persistent filter.
2) Use selected "Startup projects" when checkbox is checked.
3) Provide a dropdown box with all projects plus "All".

Actually #1 would be awesome. Then you could type "cpp" or "cs" when you are only interested in files that match this criteria.
feline Posted - Mar 18 2010 : 1:12:28 PM
How are you selecting one project? How is the IDE and VA to know which project is the "current" one?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000