Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 [1727] A problem with using VC's specific keyword

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herzz Posted - Jul 30 2009 : 12:33:37 PM

VA doesn't recognize symbols in some cases.

For example, a class name with VC's 'sealed' keyword will be not recognized as a class name by VA. And instead of a real class name, VA shows 'sealed' as a class name in navigation bar.

In this case, it's hard to use VA's refactoring features for an underlined(unrecognized) symbol name. Especially, I can't use rename feature properly as expected for class names, member names, and all other symbols included in this class.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Feb 29 2012 : 1:22:54 PM
case=3293 is fixed in build 1901
herzz Posted - Aug 04 2009 : 11:08:55 PM
Finally it works properly!
I really appreciate your help.
feline Posted - Aug 04 2009 : 1:13:53 PM
I have the files, thank you for these:

case=30497

I think I know what the problem is. Can you please edit your VA StdAfx.h file to add a blank line after the:

#define sealed

line at the end. After another rebuild of VA's Symbol Database this should fix the problem for you.
herzz Posted - Aug 03 2009 : 1:57:58 PM
I sent my files(created a new project, has same effect) and settings. And, I found something new situation after submitting my files.

I tried and tried many times to rename my class name, with the symbol nearby the 'class' keyword. It didn't worked properly like screenshots above.
But, when I pointed my cursor at constructor/destructor, it was able to rename the class name.
feline Posted - Aug 03 2009 : 12:00:14 PM
I still cannot reproduce this problem here.

Can you reproduce this problem in a new, default solution? If so can you please send me the solution that shows the problem, along with your VA StdAfx.h file and your settings. You can export your VA and IDE settings via:

VA Options -> Performance -> Export Settings
IDE tools menu -> Import and Export Settings -> Export selected environment settings

I can then try your solution, StdAfx.h file and settings, and see what happens for me.

Please submit the files via the form:

http://www.wholetomato.com/support/contact.asp

including this thread ID or URL in the description, so we can match it up.
herzz Posted - Aug 01 2009 : 09:52:50 AM
I proceeded to rebuild VA's symbol database many times after adding the entry.
Looks like it's working fine, but refactor feature and VA's navigation bar still doesn't working properly.

I'm using VA 1727 with VS2008 SP1, and my project is not using CLR . But, I know sealed keyword is also valid for native targets.

[refactoring feature is not available]

[navigation bar presents sealed keyword as a class]
feline Posted - Jul 31 2009 : 11:36:47 AM
Have you rebuild VA's symbol database since updating VA's StdAfx.h file?

I am not seeing these problems myself. I am using VS2005, VA 1727, and a C++ CLR .h file. This is what I am seeing:

herzz Posted - Jul 30 2009 : 2:21:39 PM
Thanks for your advice.
I added an entry "#define sealed" in VA's "StdAfx.h". It is affected to removal of the underline, but VA's all miss-behaviors are same.

I hope this problem will be fixed in the next build.
feline Posted - Jul 30 2009 : 12:58:01 PM
I am seeing the same effect here. Thank you for the clear description.

case=3293

As a temporary work around you can edit VA's "StdAfx.h" file as explained in this FAQ entry:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W302

and add the entry:

#define sealed

at the bottom. This file is used to help VA's parser with difficult code, and can be used to work around odd effects. After modifying this file you need to rebuild the VA symbol database for the changes to take effect:

VA Options -> Performance -> General -> Rebuild symbol databases

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000