Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Open File in solution

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Adequat Posted - Apr 05 2009 : 1:48:57 PM
It should be possible to exclude certain file types. For instance, my project contains *.moc files (Qt system), and this should never be open. Hence, this "polutes" the file list.

A custom file mask to exclude files, is what I ask for. Thanks.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Jeff Posted - Jul 29 2018 : 3:51:27 PM
typo is fixed.

thank you for the heads-up.
feline Posted - Jul 27 2018 : 12:53:14 PM
Well spotted, thank you. Good to know someone does read the documentation after all

Sorry the feature took so long to add, it's just we get a steady stream of feature requests and bug reports, so have to prioritise somehow. This is a very useful feature, but only in some situations.
Adequat Posted - Jul 26 2018 : 05:03:26 AM
Your new feature works great. There is just a typo in your documentation:
https://www.wholetomato.com/features/whats-new.asp#2283

Your picture should show "-.moc_" and not ".moc_" ;)

On a personal note, I can't believe I asked for this feature 9 years ago, time is going by so quickly :(

But on another hand, it is very nice that you still track feature requests such a long time after they have been emitted!
feline Posted - Apr 09 2009 : 11:04:58 AM
That is quite a lot of moc files. I have put in a feature request to see what our developers make of it:

case=25837
Adequat Posted - Apr 08 2009 : 03:33:18 AM
What percentage of files have moc files?
My solution has several sub-projects (8) based on the same source files. Hence there are 8 times more .moc files than .cpp/h files. Hence it is confusing in the select box. Ok, not all source file have a moc. Nevertheless, it's about 300 files I never need in "Open File in solution", and this is growing.
feline Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 6:08:54 PM
I am wary of hiding anything by default, even files that "no one ever edits", since experience indicates someone edits every type of file by hand

What percentage of your files have moc files? When I worked with Qt at my last job most of the code base had no moc files at all.

The filter is remembered in the OFIW dialog, so you can edit the filter, just replacing the bit you need to change.
Adequat Posted - Apr 07 2009 : 1:08:31 PM
Thanks for your answer, but the interest of "Open File in solution" is SPEED. Hence if you need to type the filter everytime you open the box, this is definitly counter productive. Hence I reiterate my request for a "global filter" :-)
Thanks
feline Posted - Apr 06 2009 : 10:40:19 AM
You can exclude items from the file list. Have a look at the screen shot here:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W194

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000