Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Renaming classes suggestion in Refactor->Rename

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anilyigitfiliz Posted - Jun 26 2008 : 05:27:57 AM
When I click on Rename for a class the rename dialog opens and lists the places that the classes name was referred. Generally my files have the same names as the class name so in this screen I can see my class's file referred to as #include "ClassName.h" but this is unchecked by default and clicking on "Comments and Strings" button doesn't check these include directives so I have to check them one by one manually. If these could be checked by default or maybe adding a new button like "Comments and Strings" maybe like "Compiler Directives" could be very helpful.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Dec 17 2012 : 11:48:45 PM
case=27827 is fixed in build 1925
joracine Posted - Jun 04 2009 : 11:28:28 AM
No worries... I would hate that it does. When using SVN in the background, the last thing you want is to rename files directly from VS!

(and no, AnkthSVN is not a viable option)
feline Posted - Jun 03 2009 : 1:15:48 PM
Since both of you are interested in this I have put in a feature request to see what our developers think about this:

case=27827

Just so long as people realise this does not mean VA is about to start renaming files for you
joracine Posted - Jun 01 2009 : 3:48:13 PM
I had the exact same suggestion to make as anilyigitfiliz did. Although I understand your (feline) argument, I would rather have an "include" check box, just like for "Comments and Strings".
feline Posted - Jun 26 2008 : 12:21:34 PM
VA does not rename files, so renaming #include statements is considered a "bad" thing since it will stop your code compiling.

This is why they are not picked up by the comments and strings check box. The strings part of that is designed to pick up literal strings in your code. #include statements are considered to be different.

You can still check the boxes manually. Also ticking and unticking the parent (file) note ticks and unticks all children, including #include statements.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000