Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Manage document window

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hui0312 Posted - Nov 22 2006 : 06:07:32 AM
Sometimes, when I open or close a project. It loading slowly, Cause too much document was opened. ( I usually open 40-50 document windows ). Cause I go to check some define header or enum var...It open another docuemtn windows for a useless file. I just want to check and forgot to close it....Then I got lot windows and docoument hiding...but It still there...

I know there is a option "Environment->Documents->Reuse current document windows, if saved."
But It's not so useful. At VC6.0 a addon call "Wndtabs". It had a nice option. It can limit the number of your document. So you would only see the most useful document that you want to see.

At my point..I'd suggest this:

Set a option to set limit windows number, ( like 10-15 )
Record every file open times, or some smart detect way. When system reach the limited, then close useless windows that saved or Non-editing file.

P.S: Forgive me my poor english....
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hui0312 Posted - Nov 23 2006 : 11:09:24 PM
I'm using vc.net now.
I used to use vc6.0 with wintabs plug-in. But VC.net got tab option. So wndtabs stop service right now..

I cant find any other add-in to offer this option.
feline Posted - Nov 23 2006 : 07:36:39 AM
It seems a bit outside of our area.

Does anyone know of any other plugin that offers this? I assume you are not using VC6 any more, so which IDE are you now using?
hui0312 Posted - Nov 23 2006 : 12:42:28 AM
Yet. I know...But I thought if it automatic, it would be wonderful
feline Posted - Nov 22 2006 : 1:01:34 PM
Are you aware of the IDE window menu -> Windows... option? This gives you an easy way to see and manage the list of open documents.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000