Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 MC++ Supported?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
scottbilas Posted - Mar 02 2009 : 4:02:43 PM
Is Managed C++ supported in VAX?

I'm using MC++ in VS.NET 2008 and have found all kinds of bugs. I'm wondering if I should report them.

For example, adding "sealed" after a class name will cause VAX to think the class name is illegal, and I get red curly underlines everywhere it appears in the code (this bug is particularly hard to avoid).

public ref class Utils sealed
{
};

At the least, if MC++ is not supported, then VAX should do no harm, i.e. don't underline stuff as errors in the code that aren't..

Scott
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
support Posted - Feb 29 2012 : 1:23:15 PM
case=3293 is fixed in build 1901
scottbilas Posted - Mar 11 2009 : 10:39:33 AM
Ok I did this and it worked great. Thanks!
feline Posted - Mar 03 2009 : 09:37:13 AM
In general VA is supposed to support Managed C++, but it does have some problems. To be fair VA also has some problems with normal C++ as well, its a complex language

sealed after a class is a known problem:

case=3293

The work around for this is to edit VA's "StdAfx.h" file as explained in this FAQ entry:

http://docs.wholetomato.com?W302

and add the entry:

#define sealed

at the bottom. This file is used to help VA's parser with difficult code, and can be used to work around odd effects. After modifying this file you need to rebuild the VA symbol database for the changes to take effect:

VA Options -> Performance -> General -> Rebuild symbol databases

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000