Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Scrolling support for the Derived Classes list

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tomob Posted - Aug 12 2020 : 07:09:27 AM
It would be nice to have support for mouse wheel and PgUp/PgDown keys scrolling in the Derived Classes/Symbols list. When the list is too long to fit on the screen, scrolling through it is very slow when getting to the top and bottom edges. Screen of such a scenario is here https://imgur.com/zF4WzYS
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Mar 27 2024 : 09:53:01 AM
Being able to scroll the list better is something we are aiming to add very soon, but until it is actually done and working, I don't want to offer an estimate for when it will be done that might be wrong.
tomob Posted - Mar 27 2024 : 07:27:39 AM
Do you think we can get a solution to this issue in near future? This is a big issue when using VAX on a big project. At least adding a way to scroll the list dialog would be already a great improvement if it's not possible to get a proper solution quickly.
feline Posted - Apr 21 2023 : 08:38:51 AM
Unfortunately no progress on this yet, but this is still something we are considering doing. Knowing that you are interested is useful, since the amount of interest is one factor in working out which things to work on next.
BoomRaccoon Posted - Apr 21 2023 : 07:20:26 AM
That's the problem I am facing with Unreal Engine as well. I like the idea of a dialog window with a search, especially because I feel like it should be possible to reuse the "Implement Virtual Methods" window for that.
Are there any updates on this? Can we see the progress on cases?
feline Posted - Sep 28 2022 : 07:26:09 AM
We are looking at this, and considering how best to make good progress, but unfortunately no current estimate for when this will be done.

Are the classes mostly in separate files? I am wondering if the command:

VAssistX -> Tools -> List Include Files

which is described here:

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W222#headerhierarchy

would help a bit. It's not the same, but if you are in the "base" header file, the included by list may be helpful.
tomob Posted - Sep 27 2022 : 7:22:40 PM
Hey, is there any progress on this feature? It's still very uncomfortable when working with big code bases to use the derived/base classes list.
feline Posted - Aug 13 2020 : 10:20:27 AM
Ouch, that is a really hard to use menu. I have put in a feature request to make the menu navigation easier:

case=142796

I have also put in a feature request to make this information available in some form of dialog window, since when you are dealing with this many classes you could do with a better system than a menu list:

case=142797

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000