Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 events and completions could be handled better

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Uniwares Posted - May 29 2020 : 06:21:03 AM
1) completions
Right now when I have an event and I add a handler to it, then VA will show possible
candidates for completion. After selecting a candidate, VA will add it as method CALL not reference. That should be easy to fix.

myControl.Clicked += myControl_OnClickHander(); // <= wrong
myControl.Clicked += myControl_OnClickHander; // <= right

2) adding/renaming
I have mentioned this already in another thread but there it was related to the manual use of VSs rename versus VA rename.
But in the case of event handlers, its a whole different story:
When you use the Intellisense option to add an event handler for the event, after typing myControl.Clicked += intellisense prompts you to hit Tab to create an event handler for it, after hitting tag, a new method is created with a default name and VS enters "rename mode" so you can change the name of the created method.
VA doesnt recognize that VS is in rename mode and offers completion for what I am typing. Badly though, usually I type ahead and hit enter, often with the effect that VA inserts something that was suggested, effectively killing my rename.

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
accord Posted - Jun 08 2020 : 8:54:02 PM
I was able to reproduce both problems and added bug reports for them.

Issue #1 is case 142336

Issue #2 is case 142338

For now, to mitigate these problems, you may want to try turning off the below setting as a workaround:

VA Options -> Suggestions -> Enable in C#

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000