Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Option to remove [[deprecated]] C++ content

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
arcanumghost Posted - Apr 09 2020 : 6:38:23 PM
C++14 adds the ability to deprecate code without removing it with the [[deprecated]] syntax. These are registering as errors unless deprecation errors are suppressed for a block of code.

It would be useful to have to the option to filter these functions out of autocomplete suggestions. This way at a glance, one could choose the correct implementation between similarly-named functions.

PS: I am working in UE4 where UE_DEPRECATED macro is defined as [[deprecated]]. This has been used to refactor several areas of the codebase, for a good example see Initialize and Initialize_AnyThread in FAnimNode_Base.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 10 2020 : 09:11:30 AM
That makes sense, I have put in a feature request for this to see what our developers make of it:

case=142112

it is useful to know this is used in Unreal Engine, so we know we have a good number of users this will help.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000