Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 va performance in vs2019

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gsoft Posted - Feb 10 2020 : 3:55:41 PM
Hello,

I use MSVS2019 option "Open local folder". This folder contain more than 400k files of various c/c++ etc and other sources and resources. When I open one of c++ file for view, VA start to utilize 100% percent of CPU and doesn't pause it process for give me chance to use Search/Replace and edit some files. For my opinion, if user try to do something, VA must pause it activity and than continue it again than feel user is stop his activity.

P.S. I have 8xCore I7 4GHz CPU and fast SSD drive, and this topic is not about of adjust number of thread in VA options page.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 11 2020 : 2:57:55 PM
If you just did an open local folder then there will be no solution, so given these settings, VA will assume you want it to parse all 400k files in the current directory, which is obviously a lot of work.

If you turn off "if Solution is empty" this should stop this from happening and fix this problem for you.
gsoft Posted - Feb 11 2020 : 2:32:58 PM
Hello,

if Solution is empty - Checked
if Solution is not empty - Unchecked
feline Posted - Feb 11 2020 : 07:13:12 AM
Can you please look and see what you have:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Upon opening a file, parse all other unparsed files in the same directory:
if Solution is empty
if Solution is not empty

set to? I am guessing this setting is turned On, and this is why VA is parsing all of these files. The thinking is that VA needs to parse your solution before we can do anything useful, but clearly this isn't helpful in this situation, so turning off both options should help you.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000