Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Code Generation - Account for Macros

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
marstaik Posted - Jan 15 2020 : 4:54:47 PM
There are quite a few codebases where the "override", "final", and "inline" keywords (as an example) are replaced with Macros such as PROJ_OVERRIDE or PROJ_FINAL in order to alter the export flags to certain platforms.

However, if you go to create the definition for a declaration of a function that contains these specifiers, VAX tends to copy them as it does not recognize what they actually substitute for.

Also, when generating inherited functions, VAX does not add the virtual keyword to the override functions.

It would also be nice to tell VAX to generate those functions with custom Macro defines/keywords.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jan 16 2020 : 3:06:33 PM
We are considering a couple of changes that would help you here. We are considering allowing you to specify a macro that should be used instead of the "override" keyword, so I have added the idea of also replacing "final" and "inline" to the feature request:

case=88345

We are also considering checking what macros found around functions expand to, so we can work out when they expand to keywords, and so treat them correctly:

case=78572

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000