Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Create from usage for delegates

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
geno Posted - Oct 02 2019 : 2:28:47 PM
Hi,

I'd like to see support added for creating delegate declaration/implementation from usage. At least it looks like this is not supported at the moment.

Example:
PlayerInputComponent->BindAxis("MoveForward", this, &AMyCharacterBase::MoveForward);

The code highlighted in red is the delegate I'd like to create from usage using the Alt-Shift-Q shortcut.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 25 2019 : 1:03:25 PM
Thank you for explaining. It turns out that currently Create from Usage does not work correctly on function pointer parameters, which is something we are aware of, but I don't currently have an estimate for when this will be fixed:

case=58915

Of course, once this is fixed, it is still possible that Unreal Engine will complicate it further, but hopefully not.
geno Posted - Oct 23 2019 : 2:50:42 PM
Hi feline,

Sorry I wasn't clear about that.
It's Unreal C++ I'm talking about and the declaration you found seems to be the correct one.

In my example I wanted to bind an Action Input to a (new) delegate.
It would be useful if we could create the declaration and implementation from usage with all its glory sigature. I don't know if it's feasible though due to the complex nature of Unreal C++.

Cheers
feline Posted - Oct 04 2019 : 4:51:54 PM
Can you explain what you mean by a delegate in this case? I am assuming you are talking about C++, but a quick search to see what you are doing suggests 7 different ways of having a "delegate":

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/9568150/what-is-a-c-delegate

what is the declaration for the "BindAxis" function?

Is this the Unreal Engine function:

class UInputComponent
{
	template<class UserClass>
	FInputAxisBinding& BindAxis( const FName AxisName, UserClass* Object, typename FInputAxisHandlerSignature::TUObjectMethodDelegate< UserClass >::FMethodPtr Func )
}

or something else that just has a similar name?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000