Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Create file templates

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Zeblote Posted - Jul 06 2019 : 2:21:03 PM
I think it would be cool if you could create more than one of the create header / create source file templates like this

and then choose one of them in this dialog with a simple drop down:

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 12 2019 : 5:24:35 PM
For solution-defined settings, we have a .va directory located in the directory that contains the sln file. The .va dir has user and shared sub-directories. The shared dir is intended to be in source control, while the user dir is intended to be .ignored. VA features that currently support solution-defined settings are hashtag filters, VA Step Filter and Source Links.

Solution-defined snippets is case=115667.

Multiple create file snippets is case=140909.
Zeblote Posted - Jul 09 2019 : 1:17:51 PM
Solution defined snippets would be extremely useful too! As long as they get stored in a separate file inside the solution so they can be versioned while the solution file itself is ignored (generated locally).

That does indeed reduce the usefulness of multiple create file templates a bit, but they'd still be a good feature.
sean Posted - Jul 07 2019 : 08:09:37 AM
We are tossing around the idea of having solution-defined snippets/templates. Would that meet the end goal, or would you still want to be able to define multiple templates within the same solution?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000