Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VA directories for searching

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
nis Posted - Oct 09 2018 : 03:23:50 AM
Hi,
I would like to restrict VA to search at specific location or remove folders from search, how can I do that?
as for now it searched all kind of non related locations.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 10 2018 : 08:48:51 AM
First can you please look and see what you have the VA setting:

VA Options -> Projects and Files -> Upon opening a file, parse all other unparsed files in the same directory:
if Solution is empty
if Solution is not empty

set to.

VA does not have a list of directories to ignore, since normally the problem is getting VA to find and parse the context of extra directories. I am trying to find out why VA thinks it should be looking in these directories.

Can you please open VA's Open File in Solution dialog, Alt-Shift-O, and search for the "output" folder. Assuming the output folder is called "out_here" can you search for "\out_here"

Starting the search term with \ tells VA to search the path of the file for a directory name starting with the search term. If VA is parsing these files because it thinks they are part of the solution, then they should be listed in this dialog, and this should list them.
nis Posted - Oct 10 2018 : 08:29:11 AM
Hi,
what is "your VA about information" ?
I don't have any folder listed anywhere. I didn't customize the VA, just opened the solution.
It used to take files only from "source" folder, and now also from "output" folder.
the "output" folder is part of the solution in a way I'm not sure. it is the byproduct of compilation.
if there is a place I can just mention any folder I DO NOT want him to look, It would be great....
feline Posted - Oct 10 2018 : 07:01:14 AM
Sorry, but I am confused.

Are the directories you want VA to ignore listed in your VA about information? I am guessing they are not listed.

What file extensions are being found in these directories? *.cpp files? Since VA is parsing these directories, I assume VA is finding code in these files.

Are the code files in these directories part of your solution? I am trying to work out how VA knows to look inside these directories and parse the files that it find's there. Something must be telling VA about these directories. Once I know how VA knows to look there, I can try to help you work out how to hide these directories.
nis Posted - Oct 10 2018 : 02:42:21 AM
I have a *source* directory and *output* directory (and files are copied to that in a strange way)
The above directories are not what I want to be presented neither what I don't want.
Totally different directories.
feline Posted - Oct 09 2018 : 09:32:27 AM
These are the standard and expected directories for Win32 development. Which directories is VA searching that you don't want it to search?
nis Posted - Oct 09 2018 : 08:38:20 AM
License: [email protected] (10-user license) Support ends 2019.02.28
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2283.2 built 2018.08.02
DevEnv.exe version 9.0.30729.1 Professional
msenv.dll version 9.0.30729.1
Font: Courier New 13 (pixels)
Comctl32.dll version 6.10.7601.18837
Windows 7 6.1 Build 7601 Service Pack 1 (remote)
4 processors (x86-64, WOW64)
Language info: 1252, 0x409

Platform: Win32
Stable Includes:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\include;
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\include;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include;
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\include;

Other Includes:

Stable Source Directories:
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfc;
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\src\mfcm;
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\atlmfc\src\atl;
c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\crt\src;

*I removed the IDS from the licence
using visual studio 2008 and loading a solution.
feline Posted - Oct 09 2018 : 05:14:54 AM
Which IDE are you using?

Are you loading a solution, or are you just opening some code files in the IDE, without opening a solution?

Can you please go to:

VA Options -> System Info -> Copy Info

and paste the details (from the clipboard) into your reply. This will give us the basic information about your setup, and also the directories that VA wants to search.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000