Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 VASnippet can be missing Symbol Context

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
korku Posted - Jun 27 2018 : 5:09:15 PM
Customizing the refactoring snippet "Create From Usage Method Body" to
Super::$MethodName$($MethodArgs$);
will result in the snippet always expanding to:
Super::();

Expected

void AMyClass::TickActor(float DeltaTime, enum ELevelTick TickType, FActorTickFunction& ThisTickFunction)
{
    Super::TickActor(DeltaTime, TickType, ThisTickFunction);
}

Actual output

void AMyClass::TickActor(float DeltaTime, enum ELevelTick TickType, FActorTickFunction& ThisTickFunction)
{
    Super::();
}

Moving the same thing to another snippet that I trigger via shortcut works correctly.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Dec 03 2018 : 6:47:13 PM
In build 2301, when implementing virtual methods from engine base classes marked with UCLASS, Super::MethodName is automatically added to generated implementation (case=116702).
feline Posted - Jul 04 2018 : 07:31:48 AM
Thank you for the clear description, I am seeing the same problem here. This is currently a known limitation of our refactoring snippets. Because the "context" is being generated, we don't have it in hand when the snippet queries it, so the method name and arguments are not there. This is something we are looking to fix at some point, but I don't currently have an estimate for when we will get to this:

case=9863

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000