Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 AlwaysDisplayUnrealSymbolsInItalics doesn't stick

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
TBSBradyBrenot Posted - Apr 16 2018 : 3:29:35 PM
All symbols in our Unreal Engine project (i.e. the game project, not the engine project) are italicized as though they're system symbols.

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W807 suggests setting a registry key, AlwaysDisplayUnrealSymbolsInItalics, to 0. However, opening the VA Options dialog and then closing it (with Cancel or OK) will always reset the key to 1, so it doesn't seem practical to use.

I've just turned off the "italicize system symbols" setting in the meantime which is fine for now.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - May 01 2018 : 4:59:32 PM
case=114965 is fixed in build 2270
case=114813 is no longer applicable because the feature was removed
sean Posted - Apr 17 2018 : 11:26:55 AM
Also, the problem of game play source being rendered in italics is hopefully addressed in the next release of VA as well. case=114965.
sean Posted - Apr 17 2018 : 11:25:01 AM
The setting will have a checkbox in the options dlg in the next release of VA. case=114813
TBSBradyBrenot Posted - Apr 17 2018 : 11:22:26 AM
VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2258.5 built 2018.03.06

quote:
Originally posted by feline

Also, just to double check, are you making sure to close all instances of the IDE before setting the registry key? If the IDE is still open when you edit the registry key, it will save out its settings when you close it, overwriting any changes you have made via regedit.

Aha, that'd be it, closing the IDE before changing that setting works. That makes too much sense, I'm annoyed that I didn't try it. Thanks.
feline Posted - Apr 17 2018 : 06:05:16 AM
Also, just to double check, are you making sure to close all instances of the IDE before setting the registry key? If the IDE is still open when you edit the registry key, it will save out its settings when you close it, overwriting any changes you have made via regedit.
ChrisG Posted - Apr 16 2018 : 7:33:13 PM
Hi TBSBradyBrenot,

I'm having trouble reproducing your issue using Visual Assist build 2258.5.

What build of Visual Assist are you using?
(VAssistX->Help->About->VA_X.dll file version)

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000