Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Allow re-keybound arrow keys to navigate VAX menus

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
enigma22133 Posted - Apr 03 2018 : 11:25:44 AM
I've key mapped some additional keys to act as my arrow keys; this allows me to navigate my text without leaving the homerow keys.

that is, I have
alt-i = up arrow (Edit.LineUp)
alt-j = left arrow (Edit.CharLeft)
alt-l = right arrow (Edit.CharRight)
alt-k = down arrow (Edit.LineDown)

and for moving by word
ctrl-alt-j (Edit.WordPrevious)
ctrl-alt-l (Edit.WordNext)

Other IDEs like eclipse and Intelij allow me navigate their submenus (such as VAX's alt-m) using these keybinds. There may be a way to do this already with VAX, but I haven't found it. So, I thought I would request this feature so that I don't have to keep moving my fingers to the arrow keys to navigate VAX menus (such as alt-shift-o, etc)

Before it is pointed out, I know that I can type a portion of my target to reduce these menus size, but for menus like "VA Find Reference Results" this feature would be very helpful.

Either way, thanks!
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 03 2018 : 3:19:30 PM
This idea has come up once before, and I have put a note onto the case about your request:

case=9668

This already works in the Alt-m list for me. But I am not sure about having this work in listboxes and menus, since Alt tells the IDE, and any windows program, to open / close a menu, so trying to use an alt keyboard shortcut to navigate a menu is asking for trouble.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000