Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 auto-revealer

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
kfsone Posted - Sep 29 2017 : 3:51:02 PM
As an alternative or addition to the notion of having hover-based auto visualization, have a way to enable a mode where all possible autos will reveal their deduced types.

This could either be done by replacing the 'auto' with a stylized representation of the actual type which would have a "solidify" the type by replacing the underlying "auto" with the actual type.

Or it could be tooltip-like boxes appearing above/below the type.

Ultimately, when it's 3am in the morning and I'm trying to fix some crazy dense complex uber-algorithm, "auto" needs to go away for a bit, and having to mouse over every line of code is not a great solution in that scenario.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Oct 02 2017 : 3:03:16 PM
We are considering adding a refactoring command to replace "auto" with the actual type, so if this was applied to a block of code, it would achieve the same result, but at the cost of editing the code:

case=79735
accord Posted - Sep 30 2017 : 2:12:55 PM
I found a screenshot of this:
https://i-msdn.sec.s-msft.com/dynimg/IC814594.jpeg

It could be displayed with a smaller font.
accord Posted - Sep 30 2017 : 2:08:17 PM
Interesting idea.
quote:
This could either be done by replacing the 'auto' with a stylized representation of the actual type

I understand the tooltip part but I don't quite understand the below concept.

Somehow visualizing autos would need a seperate line to appear I think. I mean something like how references are displayed in C#.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000