Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 C++11 using rename support

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Predelnik Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 09:55:19 AM
New C++11 usage of 'using' keyword to implement aliases for types is a little bit prettier version of typedef. You can read that it has equivavelent behavior with typedef here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10747810/what-is-the-difference-between-typedef-and-using-in-c11

But while type aliases done by 'typedef' can easily be renamed with VAX, it sadly does not seem to be working for 'using'. I think it would be useful and not the hardest thing to implement. :)
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Nov 20 2015 : 4:07:40 PM
case=87178 is fixed in build 2083
(case=79779 morphed into case=87178)
accord Posted - Sep 02 2015 : 4:24:45 PM
Thank you for the feedback. This issue has a high priority so hopefully will be implemented before long.
azdroppy Posted - Sep 02 2015 : 04:53:39 AM
The lack of this functionality really stumbles modern C++ projects refactoring.
rcyr Posted - Aug 03 2015 : 11:05:58 AM
Anything new regarding this topic? As of August 3rd 2015 I updated VAX to latest version and the refactoring feature is not yet available.
The new C++ 11 "using" keyword is quite useful as aliases can be created for non-specialized templates. For instance:

template <typename T>
using PointArray = std::vector<cv::Point_<T>>; // T could be specialized as int, float or double (OpenCV point type); this cannot be done with "typedef" keyword in a generic manner
accord Posted - Jul 02 2014 : 11:08:11 PM
We are planning to implement this:

case=79779

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000