Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Comment all function parameters

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mgampi Posted - May 16 2014 : 06:20:31 AM
When refactoring we very often have to comment all variables of class functions in C++.
This is very time consuming when applying to function with large parameter count.
Would be fine if this can be automated by VA.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Aug 21 2015 : 12:25:24 AM
case=24605 is implemented in build 2073
feline Posted - Jul 29 2014 : 1:18:48 PM
Now this makes sense. We are considering the ability to have Snippets that need to prompt you expand inside the editor, so you could move through the fields to fill in with Tab, in a similar way to how IDE snippets work. This should help with what you are looking for here:

case=24605
TimGS Posted - Jul 26 2014 : 07:38:28 AM
It's much easier and faster to just hit TAB to go to each input field and enter description than enter text in editor adjusting caret everytime.
feline Posted - Jul 25 2014 : 1:23:47 PM
Why would you want to do this? How would this help? If you have 6 parameters, then you would be prompted for 6 values. Surely it is easier to enter the information into the editor, which is designed for editing and entering text.
TimGS Posted - Jul 24 2014 : 10:38:37 PM
I don't want to create a new thread, so I ask here.

It would be great to have option to comment every parameter by individual user input.
So if I would make this snippet:
// Parameter:	$MethodArgName$	$ParamDescription$
I would get input field $ParamDescription$ for every single parameter string.
feline Posted - May 16 2014 : 12:01:08 PM
Are you familiar with the Document Method refactoring command? This is designed to help in exactly this situation:

http://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W161

You can even edit the format of the inserted comment block by editing the Document Method snippet.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000