Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Move All Implementations to Source File

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
himom Posted - Jun 04 2012 : 2:24:11 PM
I often code new classes all in the .h file to get them working, then I create a .cpp later and have to move each implementation to the source file. It would be nice if I could do that in 1 click.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 18 2016 : 10:53:03 PM
case=10239 is implemented in build 2107.
support Posted - Oct 29 2012 : 10:43:42 AM
Move Implementation to Source for an entire class is case=68102 and is implemented in build 1918
feline Posted - Jul 27 2012 : 6:09:10 PM
We are considering adding a feature to move the implementation back into the header file:

case=10239
ricardog Posted - Jul 27 2012 : 5:08:41 PM
The inverse would also be good - move from source to header - by putting it after the class declaration and automatically adding the "inline" keyword to it.
himom Posted - Jun 08 2012 : 12:52:43 AM
Yes, I often move every single function to the CPP, but if there was a way to select all or unselect some, that would be better.
feline Posted - Jun 05 2012 : 10:49:56 PM
We are looking into adding the ability to run a refactoring command, including Move Implementation to Source File on several functions at once, selecting them via VA Outline, which would work well here. You could either select all of the functions, or just the ones you wanted to move:

case=7787
foxmuldr Posted - Jun 05 2012 : 3:50:40 PM
Would it be handy? Do you often move ALL implementations? I often leave simple setters and getters in the .h, and meatier functions in the .cpp.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000