Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Create Implementation (and others) from selection

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kaylx Posted - Apr 18 2012 : 08:57:18 AM
Hi,

Frequently i'll create a bunch of new function declarations in one go then create the implementations.
Using the 'Create Implementation' macro i can only do it one declaration at a time so i find myself just copying the declarations to the source file then using 'Find & Replace' to create the bodies myself.

Is it possible (currently), or could it be added, so you could select multiple function declarations and have 'Create Implementation' create implementations for them all?

It would also be a handy extension of 'Create Declaration' and 'Move Implementation to Source File'.

Even if there was the option to have VA return to the function declaration once the implementation was created would be handy.

Regards,
Kaylx
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 18 2012 : 5:19:28 PM
We are looking into doing this via VA Outline, so you would be able to select the items you want to run a refactoring commands on in the outline, and then trigger the refactoring command:

case=7787

Using VA Outline bypasses all of the fun edge cases of trying to select / specify several functions at once in the editor, which will hopefully help a bit.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000