Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 VA Open File In Solution exclusion field

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jschmidt Posted - Sep 08 2011 : 10:33:04 AM
It would be nice in the "VA Open File In Solution" dialog if a second field could be used for file exclusion (using the '-' symbol). Let me explain.

A nice feature of this dialog is that it remembers what was the last entry and selects the text when opened. So let say I have 'asset dialog -moc' to exclude _moc.cpp files generated by QT. But it would be nice if I could specify the exclusion in another field so these are remembered each time and not part of the selected text when I open the dialog so if I start typing I lose my exclusion and have to reenter them. So we could have one line to filter files and a second field for exclusion such as -moc -html ..., etc. Most of the time you want to keep your exclusion.

Hope all is clear.

Thanks
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
sean Posted - Jul 13 2018 : 3:05:33 PM
case=25837 is implemented in build 2283.

Use the context menu in the Open File in Solution dialog to display the edit control for the persistent filter. Hide the edit control after adding the text that you want to always persist. The text affects filtering whether or not the control is visible.
feline Posted - Sep 08 2011 : 10:45:06 PM
We are considering adding a setting to specify files you always want to exclude from the Open Files dialog:

case=25837

Excluding Qt moc files is where the original idea came from.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000