Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Backward completion

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Erik Olofsson Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 2:38:37 PM
Consider the following:

class CTest1
{
public:
	class CInternal
	{
	public:
	};
};

class CTest2
{
public:
	class CInternal
	{
	public:
	};
};

int main()
{
	CInternal
}

I often find myself wanting to access classes contained in other classes. It would be nice if when you stood behind CInternal and pressed ctrl+space you would get a completion list with:
CTest1::CInternal
CTest2::CInternal

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jul 12 2006 : 6:44:23 PM
the main problem i see with this is that VA does not know you want help with CInternal. pressing CTRL-SPACE before a word in VS2003 brings up a long list of all sorts of things, probably from the IDE its self.

to me it seems more logical to issue a command on CInternal its self, to say "find class", or something like that.

looking in FSIW VA knows about the two classes, so in theory it has the information required to list the parent classes.

how come this is something you are often doing? i use classes inside classes a lot myself, but i don't think i have ever started with the inside class and then had to fill in the parent class name.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000