Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Add option for VAssitX.GotoImplementation

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 22 2024 : 08:23:40 AM
There are many functions in #include <windows.h> that have definitions this:

Would it be possible to add a new VAssistX.GotoImplementation2 command, which will navigate ahead and also bring up the targets referred to by the token on simple #define lines like these?

--
Rick C. Hodgin
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Aug 23 2024 : 10:49:05 AM
I have added the picture, as a useful example, to the case. It is something we are considering, but no estimate on when this might be looked at yet.
foxmuldr Posted - Aug 23 2024 : 08:29:01 AM
I just had a TIFF library I was compiling, and I noticed this on one of the Alt+G lookups:

Wouldn't it be oh so very lovely and helpful if it continued down with two more entries showing the targets of the #define?

:-)
foxmuldr Posted - Aug 01 2024 : 09:54:07 AM
You're too funny, IronLine. :-)

--
Rick C. Hodgin
feline Posted - Jul 31 2024 : 09:25:28 AM
On the plus side, we have just released a new version. So you can keep on expecting and hoping, so long as you don't actually install VA 2530 and check
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 31 2024 : 08:03:11 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
You can expect away, but I do suspect you will be disappointed in this expectation

I expected as much. :-)

--
Rick C. Hodgin
feline Posted - Jul 30 2024 : 11:20:17 AM
I suspect only having one extra symbol in the macro will be a good rule to try, but that's just a guess at this stage.

You can expect away, but I do suspect you will be disappointed in this expectation
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 30 2024 : 10:49:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by feline
that works well enough here, with these simple one line macros, but when you are dealing with more complex macros, I am not sure how well the idea will scale, or work.

I would add logic so if it's more than [#][define][whitespace][alpha/alphanumeric][whitespace][alpha/alphanumeric] then don't expand it, but for straight-forward name expansion to the W and A, which we see everywhere, it would be useful.

If you want to get fancier, look for any alpha/alphanumeric tokens after [#][define][whitespace][alpha/alphanumeric][whitespace] and do a lookup on all of them and see if anything comes through.

Can we expect this in the 2024.08.31 build?? :-)

--
Rick C. Hodgin
feline Posted - Jul 30 2024 : 09:22:58 AM
It was worth a try. The idea of using Goto Related here makes sense, so I have put in a feature request to jump to what the macro expands to:

case=164788

that works well enough here, with these simple one line macros, but when you are dealing with more complex macros, I am not sure how well the idea will scale, or work.
foxmuldr Posted - Jul 29 2024 : 07:03:17 AM
In VA_X.dll file version 10.9.2522.0 built 2024.05.31, this is what I see with Alt-Shift-G:

And when I press enter on Declarations, I see this:

Navigating from one of those choices takes us to those line numbers in that file.

--
Rick C. Hodgin
feline Posted - Jul 23 2024 : 08:36:15 AM
Have you tried Alt-Shift-G for Goto Related? The related types menu should help here.

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000