Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Class Members in Memory Order

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
abso Posted - Oct 22 2014 : 3:04:13 PM
Is it possible to have class member data be listed in the suggestions box in memory order rather than alphabetical order?

Thanks!
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Apr 11 2015 : 11:13:59 PM
Are you talking about the order that class members are initialized on a class constructor? It sounds like it from the warning message.

If so then we are considering adding a feature to make sure that the member variables are initiated in the right order:

case=8368

I read the original post as asking for the ordering of members in a listbox when typing, which is quite a different thing.
robiwan Posted - Apr 10 2015 : 08:35:32 AM
I would +1 on this request, as the chore of doing what you suggest for about 200 classes is quite daunting. And in GCC the warning "...when initialized here" just peppers the build log, and I would assume VA already has all information in order to do this.
feline Posted - Oct 24 2014 : 01:07:38 AM
I don't think this has ever come up before, and its unlikely we would add an option for this.

Why don't you just show the header file along side the cpp file? Open the header file, and use:

IDE Window menu -> New Vertical Tab Group

you can now work in the cpp file while reading the order in the header file at the same time.

Alternatively add comments to the class members, and rely on VA showing you the comments in the tooltips for the current item in the listbox?
abso Posted - Oct 23 2014 : 6:51:44 PM
Yeah, I mean the way they are declared in the header. Sometimes I'm constantly tabbing between header/source to determine the memory layout of the class. I'd be nice to just see it in the listboxes. I figure its not a feature most people would want so I wouldn't be disappointing if it wasn't added.
feline Posted - Oct 23 2014 : 12:32:42 AM
What do you mean by memory order? The order the members are declared in the header file? Or something else?

If the members are no longer in alphabetical order, isn't this going to make it harder to find the item you want in the listbox?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000