Visual Assist
 Feature Requests
 Support for Source Annotation Language

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
jay.carlton Posted - Jan 31 2014 : 3:21:46 PM
Hi,

I use some Microsoft Source Annotation Language macros in C++ function signatures to allow static analysis to enforce the function contracts (especially for function and reference arguments). I ran into some trouble using the Change Signature refactoring for functions that use these macros, and I was wondering if there was a workaround or if this non-standard feature is in fact supported by VA.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh916382.aspx

So if I have a function declared like

int foo(_In_ double* pd, _Out_ bool& rb);

I have had issues using Change Signature. The expected behavior woudl be to have the macros _In_, _Out_, etc, be treated like part of the parameter. Each one would travel with the others.

Additionally, since Microsoft requires the annotations on all declarations to match, it would be handy to be able to introduce these annotations with Change Signature, so I wouldn't have to edit two or more files by hand.

Thanks,
Jay
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Feb 03 2014 : 7:52:31 PM
The Change Signature dialog checks that your new signature is valid code, and the OK button is only enabled if these checks pass, so if you were part way through an edit this might be why the OK button was disabled.

Thank you for the update, I am glad this is now working correctly for you
jay.carlton Posted - Feb 03 2014 : 1:04:18 PM
Actually, I might have just thought it wasn't working because the OK button was disabled. Now that I try it again it seems to work. Sorry about that.

I thought I replied on Friday, but I must've lost the text.
accord Posted - Jan 31 2014 : 3:48:27 PM
What version of Visual Assist are you using?
What change are you trying to achieve?
I triggered change signature to swap the two parameters:

after pressing OK, and I got this:

Both the signature and the call site is updated correctly.
Am I doing the right test?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000