Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mike ONeill
Tomato Guru

South Africa
103 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  04:26:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi

I am writing an app with lots of I's in it , I have tables InventoryItem , InventoryImage , I have variables selectedInventoryItem and so on

Acronyms seem to get very confused , for example if I type "ii" , i don't even see InventoryItem as a suggestion , I just see loads of Interfaces Ixxxx. "sii" for SelectedInventoryItem doesn't show it as a suggestion.

It may be coincidence but things like "itcb" for InventoryTypeComboBox also seem not to work as 100% as they did.

In short I just see a lesser response to acronyms that I did.

Is this just my bum naming conventions or is there another setting I need to set to avoid this . I have the Prefer Acronyms check box set to true , setting Get From Default Intellesence to either on or off seems to have litle effect as does "get suggestions from surrounding code"

Its a new installation and I have not carried across any of my old settings from the old PC so its a close to a clean install as it can be.

Its build 1727 , VS 2008 Sp1 , Vista Business SP1

Only other Add In is Red Gate SQL Prompt (v4)

Cheers

Mike

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2009 :  12:03:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you looking at suggestion listboxes or member / completion listboxes?

"ii" will filter the listbox, but if the item you want is not in the listbox to start with then this won't help much. Suggestion listboxes have an "A" icon under the bottom left hand corner.

If you are seeing this problem with suggestion listboxes then installing VA 1731 might help, it contains some improvements to how suggestion listboxes work:

http://www.wholetomato.com/downloads/default.asp

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000