Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  03:48:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Three minor c/c++ directories options page problems:
1. Win32/stable include files don't follow directories set for my VS8 - they contain some previous state of directories. Although I think they should be automatically updated, manual update would be sufficient too.
2. In Win32/stable, you cannot update directories, but you may rearrange them verticaly, which seems meaningless.
3. When you edit existing directory by pressing on the ... key, select folder dialog will initially put you to the 'current directory', what ever it currently is, not the directory that was written in that line.

One more small visual bug: icons for going to previous and next scope aren't vertically aligned. Try to put them next to each other and you'll see.

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2005 :  4:16:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
for point 1 try VA 1348, it fixed the same problem for me.

point 2, you are not supposed to be able to change the directories in the stable list, since this is supposed to be picked up from and kept synchronized with the IDE's tools menu -> options -> projects -> VC++ Directories -> include files list.

point 3, confirmed.

case=933

as for the next and previous buttons i had never noticed, and i often notice little gui things *shrug*

case=934

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page

gmit
Whole Tomato Software

Croatia
90 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  03:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I've put 1438, but no difference; stable Win32 directories are still old and unsynchronized with VS8' settings. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but, I don't know what it could be when it isn't expected for me to do anything. :)

2. No, no, we haven't understood. They cannot be changed, but they can be reordered! Click on some item and drag it above/below some other line.
Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2005 :  3:00:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
*experiments* all right, VA's list of stable include files was changing for me. in VS2003 with 1438 it is no longer changing at all, and in VS2005 it has stopped changing. this is starting to look somewhat random *sigh*

case=936

point 2, i see what you mean now

case=937

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18751 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2006 :  3:49:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
it turns out that you need a C++ solution open for VA to detect the changes to the IDE's directory list. since i was testing this without loading solutions for speed i was getting this random effect.

in VS2003 with a C++ solution open changes are picked up instantly by VA.
in VS2005 with a C++ solution open you need to close and reload the solution or restart the IDE before the changes are picked up, but they are picked up in my tests.

this delay in seeing the changes does look like a bug to me, but thankfully is a much less serious issue.

Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  12:45:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cases 933, 936 and 937 are fixed in 1440.
Go to Top of Page

support
Whole Tomato Software

5566 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2006 :  01:58:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Case 934 is by design.

See the "Browse Next" and "Browse Previous" buttons inside the IDE. (They are in the View category.)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000