better Platform Builder 6.0 support
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

M0rd7ust

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2011 :  05:27:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

please improve support for Platform Builder 6.0 R3 (based on VS2005 SP1). While coding-level aids work well, Open File in Solution shows SDK headers only (well almost).

Suggestion is to process all source files in the workspace. Also there should be an option to limit processing to the "Favorites" projects (the ones that the developer is presumably currently working on) for better performance.

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  07:02:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We don't officially support Platform Builder, and Personally I don't know anything about it. However, I am happy to help you to get the maximum out of Visual Assist.

In Visual Studio, Visual Assist parses all files in your solution. I guest solution is the VS equivalent of Workspaces.
Also, you can try turning on "VA Options -> File handling -> if Solution is empty" so when you open a file, VA will parse all the other files in the same directory as the file. This way, the files will appear in the dialog you had mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

M0rd7ust

2 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  2:37:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello accord,

thank you for your help.
With the PB (which is basically a VS addon) there is a .sln which typically contains a single .pbxml file. The set of the relevant sources is based on directory structure and "whitelist" files named "dirs" and "sources" spread across the directories. The (deep) tree is shown in the normal Solution Explorer by some addon's own means. This is what I refered to as Workspace.

Your hint helped somewhat (what you had in mind is the "if Solution is not empty" option I suppose), still I suggest that VAX should define a (limited) set of features that are supported in PB environments. I am not sure how many APIs PB exposes though, so the set might be no larger than it is now.
Go to Top of Page

accord
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
3287 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2011 :  4:52:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
>what you had in mind is the "if Solution is not empty" option I suppose
Yes I had :)

We have quite enough on our plate supporting current Visual Studios, and we have no current plans to support platform builder. We have a feature request regarding this:

case=1077

but don't hold your breadth. I understand that it is "only" an addon, but it modifies solution handling so it is not a "simple" compatibility problem.
Go to Top of Page

magnux
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2014 :  3:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys, I'm working with Platform Builder 7.0 (Windows Embedded Compact 7), which is a plugin to VS2008.
I found that simply adding a plain "empty" project, and then dragging WINCE700 folders of interest to it (typically my BSP folder and platform/common) from Explorer made VAssist go scan the source code, Yey! Good times!

Go to Top of Page

feline
Whole Tomato Software

United Kingdom
18755 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2014 :  11:10:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the update, it is good to know this is working Just to check, you are now using a normal VS2008 project, along side Platform Builder 7? It sounds like it, I just wanted to make sure I understand clearly, in case anyone else asks about this.

zen is the art of being at one with the two'ness
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000