Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Erratic behavior looking up symbols

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
shirty Posted - Nov 25 2016 : 5:03:13 PM
Hey,

I'm working on a small project that uses SDL2. When I start the project, I am usually able to alt-g, search symbols etc without any issues but after a very small amount of use it just doesn't work anymore. Searching for symbols works sort of half way, not showing all possibilities, alt-g stops working completly...

Edit: I am able to use alt-g on includes this will bring to the correct file, i am then able to use alt-g on symbols again but again after less then a minute it doesn't work anymore.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ChrisG Posted - Dec 06 2016 : 12:36:35 PM
Great, thanks for letting me know.
shirty Posted - Dec 06 2016 : 05:17:14 AM
Hey,

Yes, this seems to work. Thank you.
ChrisG Posted - Nov 28 2016 : 12:17:16 PM
Please try adding the SDL2 public includes into the list of Visual Assist stable includes.

One way to do this is to go to the Visual Assist options menu, select C/C++ Directories, set the platform to Custom, and add the SDL2 directories to the list.

After doing this, Rebuild your symbols using the Rebuild button in the Performance tab of the Visual Assist options menu and restart your IDE.

https://docs.wholetomato.com/default.asp?W213

Does this help keep the SDL2 symbols loaded?

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000