Whole Tomato Software Forums
Whole Tomato Software Forums
Main Site | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Visual Assist
 Technical Support
 Different color for File-scope/Global variables ?

You must be registered to post a reply.
Click here to register.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format: BoldItalicizeUnderlineStrikethrough Align leftCenterAlign right Insert horizontal ruleUpload and insert imageInsert hyperlinkInsert email addressInsert codeInsert quoted textInsert listInsert Emoji

Forum code is on.
Html is off.

Check to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
wip Posted - Jun 22 2012 : 03:58:30 AM
Hello.

I want to be able to visually discriminate variables that are local to a function, and variables that are global, or defined at file level.

Is there currently a setting allowing to change the font color of those variables, or will we have to wait for a next release to see this feature ?

Thank you very much,

W.
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
feline Posted - Jun 26 2012 : 3:22:12 PM
This makes sense, I have put in a feature request for this, to see what our developers make of it:

case=67495

For now have you considered starting these variable names with "g_" or something similar, to mark them as global, and thus to be treated with care?
wip Posted - Jun 25 2012 : 9:13:11 PM
I am trying to show local variables in one colour, and file scope variables in a different colour, to understand which one can be changed outside of a given function, for example.
feline Posted - Jun 25 2012 : 11:50:54 AM
Unfortunately no, not currently. Are you trying to show local variables in one colour, and file scope variables in a different colour, to show that both are different to class member variables? Or are you after something else again?
wip Posted - Jun 24 2012 : 10:13:00 PM
I tried to enbale the "local symbols in bold" option, unfortunately it does not discriminate between function-scope variables and file-scope variable. Is there an other option to display those differently ?
wip Posted - Jun 24 2012 : 9:25:55 PM
Thank you !
I would have preferred being able to set a separate color for local symbols, but bold will do in the first place.
feline Posted - Jun 22 2012 : 10:29:15 AM
VA's local symbols in bold is designed to help here:

http://www.wholetomato.com/products/features/bold.asp

© 2023 Whole Tomato Software, LLC Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000